The Cowichan Family Caregivers Support Society is seeking a new Executive Director. The ED is responsible for leadership and management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors. In addition to administrative tasks, the ED ensures the quality of program delivery, guides and supports frontline staff, and represents the organization in the community. Other key duties include financial management, fundraising, community development, outreach, and advocacy for caregivers in healthcare and social services.
This is a contract position based on 16 hours/week, to begin at the end of June.
- A degree in social work, human services, social science, or equivalent
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with two or more years senior nonprofit management experience
- Previous experience in healthcare, community-based seniors services, and/or social services sector, preferably in the Cowichan Valley
- Clinical skills and knowledge to supervise and guide frontline staff working with clients and delivering supportive services to caregivers
- Ability to work collaboratively and in partnership with other community organizations, health authorities, and government on projects in service to community goals
- Strong organizational abilities including program development and planning
- Ability develop and implement a strategic vision and plan for the organization
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and grant writing in the nonprofit sector
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with staff, board, volunteers, donors, funders and community partners
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong public speaking ability
- Flexibility in hours of work, including some evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of caregivers and the challenges they face, an asset
Please find the full Executive Director job description below. Apply by email to Jodie McDonald, email@example.com, by 4:00pm on May 24th, 2019.
Executive Director Job Description